Tuesday, September 28, 2010

this life

how does this life go so fast?

while i work from home on my laptop there is a desktop with a photo screen saver scrolling through photos in the background.  a few of the photos from Christmas 2009 just scrolled past.  at first i thought - oh wow - there is my nephew with his guitar at Christmas.  then i thought - oh wow - he was 9 when he got that.  then i thought - oh wow - he has had a birthday since then (that was in february).  then i thought - oh my goodness it is almost october!

my question is - how does time go by so quickly?  if things are flying by this quickly now, before we even have a child in the mix, how quickly are those moments going to speed right on by? 

scary thought.

cherish every moment.

1 comment:

Cat's Litterbox said...

Believe me, when you have a baby the time does go by entirely too quickly! It seems like yesterday Gus was born and we were in a hurry to get to Michigan to meet him. I know I was there with him for two months and couldn't wait to get home, but where did that precious time go? He's almost five months and I cannot belive it. I try to cherish each day and love that he's little and not try to rush anything. I wish I could freeze time and just live in the now and not have to get older!!

I think that's why it's so important to really enjoy this time that you and W have. While my life is exactly what I always wanted and dreamed it would be, I miss that I'll never have another time in my life that it's just me and Steve. I miss just caring about ourselves and doing whatever we wanted and not having to think about anyone but us. I wouldn't trade where I am now for anything, but those days are the past, and a reminder that time passes too quickly!
>^..^<