to get caught up i am going to have to break it down into a little list. y'all, we've been busy!
- went to conference in new york for work. it was a long 72 hours!
- surprised sweet boy with a trip to disney world for his fifth birthday. we felt like it was the right age to go and experience the magic and hopefully be able to handle all of the long days of walking! we'd been telling him all year long that if he saved his money we'd try and go to disney world. well, he saved every cent he got his hands on and we cashed in all of my starwood points and a lot of our delta skymiles to earn us as free of a trip to disney as we could score. (highly recommend staying at the swan hotel. stayed there on points and loved every second.) we had a surprise party for dax on a friday night and told him at the party that we were boarding a plane for florida the next morning. pulling this off was a huge feat, but we did it and we had the trip of our lives. would not change one single second of it. we had fantastic weather, a relaxing time by the pool, beautifully fun days at all of the parks, and a super happy and cooperative little fella. daxton still talks about it two months later and is ready to go back!
- for thanksgiving we headed to adri's folks and then to adri's uncle's house for turkey day. it was great to spend the day with all of the littles and get to spend time with that side of the family. we always have a great time and the scenery is amazing at the lake!
- daxton had lots of performances! my favorite was his hip hop dance performance where he really put on the show with his personality! it was amazing to watch him and his little friends do their routine! our boy did an unbelievable job and we were so proud!
- for Christmas this year we celebrated at home with will's folks. it was great to not have to be traveling and spending time on the roads. i'd been away from home for the entire month of november and it was good to be home! we had a very laid back Christmas with lots of cooking, eating, church, light tours, games, and movies. it was a very relaxing and wonderful time!
- for new years we traveled back to roanoke to celebrate with adri's side of the family. it was amazing to have everyone at one event to ring in the new year. we all got dressed up in our fanciest clothes and enjoyed dinner and dancing together. what a wonderful way to celebrate! (even daxton stayed up until 2am! sorry to the baby sitter!)
- 2017 has started out with some more gas in our tank in pursuing our second adoption. we really feel like the last 18 months of waiting has been kind of a waste of time and don't want to be in this same place 18 more months down the road. we never imagined we'd wait this long. in the midst of all of the above, our homestudy had to be renewed in december and we hope that will be the last time we're doing that for this situation. we are going to create more of an online presence with our profile and work on some marketing. we hope this will boost our chances of finding a potential situation. dax really longs for a sibling and we cannot wait to continue to grow our family.
|dax had a wonderful time with all of the rides, meet and greets, parades, shows, and performances!|
|the four cousins with great granny|
|the covey, taylor, mutispaugh, ryder, rolf, white families!|
|daxton on the night of his hip hop dance recital|
|dax had a speaking part in this year's christmas musical at preschool. we were so proud of this big boy on stage!|
|daxton loves this cereal, so he got it for a gift from santa.|
|we had one winter storm that kept us trapped in our neighborhood for about a week. it was just the right amount of winter weather and we're thankful to be back in the sixties now!|